Company name: S. Sacker
What they do: Waste management
The Boss: David Dodds
Latest turnover (£,000): 26,486
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 34
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,538
Founded in 1929, Sackers is still a family-owned, family-run business that specialises in total waste management.
From a seven-acre site in Suffolk, the company accepts, collects and manages scrap metal, commercial and industrial waste. It also manages a fleet of skips, containers and haulage vehicles and lifting equipment used for bespoke waste collection, recycling and disposal for businesses.
Sustainability features strongly at the company. The company shreds up to 300 tonnes of metal per day which is then recycled and reprocessed into steel. Sackers also sells shredded rubber from recycled cars to recreation and sports facilities. Compound annual growth over four years is 34 per cent; turnover stands at £26.5m
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story