Company name: Gamesys
What they do: Online instant win and bingo games
The Boss: Noel Hayden
Latest turnover (£,000): 142,338
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 34
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 47,469
Some 4.3 billion cash bets and £4.1bn wagered in 2012: Gamesys is one of the largest white-label and own-brand online instant win and bingo companies in Britain. Brands include Jackpotjoy, Sun Bingo and Caesar’s Casino plus white-label versions for Ryanair, Orange and Talk Talk.
Gamesys was founded by Noel Hayden, Robin Tombs, Andrew Dixon and several developers in 2001. Two years later the company launched the Jackpotjoy web-based casino game, which had both free-to-play and pay-to-play versions, generating £35 on its first day. Since then, Hayden has built the company into a £142.3m turnover operation with pre-tax profits close to £50m a year.
Free-to-play games can be used by the company to lure customers towards paid-for games, as Hayden explained recently: “The players that we have converted [from free-to-play to real-money paid gambling] are high-value players.”
Today Gamesys employs more than 700 employees and is growing at a four-year compound growth rate of 34 per cent.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story