The basicsCompany name: Gaia Technologies
What they do: IT for schools
The Boss: Anas Mawla
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 12,138
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 34
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,850
The detailsFormed in 1992 by three former Bangor University students, Gaia Technologies has become a top provider of ICT solutions to UK schools. From its headquarters in Bangor – and through local offices in Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff and London – the company works with more than 500 British schools to deliver IT hardware and solutions. Gaia helps schools in overhauling their internal infrastructure and using IT effectively through podcasts and visual learning within lessons; homework that can be submitted via video; collaborative class work through a virtual “team space”; and accessibility from anywhere – in school, from home, or on field trips. All of its products are curriculum-focused and developed with teachers, giving the company a leg-up on other IT providers. Turnover is £12.1m with pre-tax profits of £1.9m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story