Company name: Maple Syrup Media
What they do: Cash back and voucher codes
The Boss: Paul and Jennifer Nikkel
Latest turnover (?,000): 43,472
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 34
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 2,150
Better known under its Quidco brand, Maple Syrup Media is Britain’s number one cash back and voucher code business.
The company was co-founded by Paul and Jennifer Nikkel while studying at the University in 2005 as a way of saving students money as they shopped online. The company has grown quickly: from 700,000 members in 2009, to 1.6 million members in 2011 and more than 3 million today.
Using affiliate networks, Quidco can track transactions with retailers and return a fixed sum or percentage of the order value commission back to the Quidco member. More than 3,500 retailers are signed up to the site, and members receive an average of £262.36 cash back per year.
Turnover is £43.5m with an Ebitda of £2.2m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.