The basicsCompany name: Maple Syrup Media
What they do: Cash back and voucher codes
The Boss: Paul and Jennifer Nikkel
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 43,472
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 34
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 2,150
The detailsBetter known under its Quidco brand, Maple Syrup Media is Britain?s number one cash back and voucher code business. The company was co-founded by Paul and Jennifer Nikkel while studying at the University in 2005 as a way of saving students money as they shopped online. The company has grown quickly: from 700,000 members in 2009, to 1.6 million members in 2011 and more than 3 million today. Using affiliate networks, Quidco can track transactions with retailers and return a fixed sum or percentage of the order value commission back to the Quidco member. More than 3,500 retailers are signed up to the site, and members receive an average of ?262.36 cash back per year. Turnover is ?43.5m with an Ebitda of ?2.2m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story