Company name: Cameron Mackintosh
What they do: Musical theatre production
The Boss: Sir Cameron Mackintosh
Latest turnover (£,000): 64,180
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 34
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 25,431
For over 45 years, Sir Cameron Mackintosh has been producing more musicals than anyone else in history, including the three-longest running musicals of all time, Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera and Cats. Cameron Mackintosh’s eponymous production company, which makes its debut on the Hot 100 this year, is a force to be reckoned with.
Last year’s £64.2m turnover was boosted thanks to the Les Misérables 25th Anniversary Tour and Anniversary Concert at the O2, which brought in sales worth just over £20m – a third of the company’s annual turnover. This has led Cameron Mackintosh to post a four-year compound annual sales growth of 34 per cent with an Ebitda of £25.4m.
As one of Britain’s cultural gems, Cameron Mackintosh has received a slew of awards, including a Queen’s Award for Export Achievement, a National Enjoy England Award for Excellence for his “outstanding contribution to tourism” and, of course, his knighthood for services to British theatre in 1996.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story