Company name: Fircroft Engineering Services
What they do: Oil and gas recruitment
The Boss: Johnathan Johnson
Latest turnover (?,000): 551,160
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 33
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 14,236
Fircroft was founded in 1970 to provide recruitment services to oil and gas companies in the North Sea. Today the company continues to work in oil and gas, but has added automotive, power, mining and engineering to its portfolio. The company has more than 6,500 contractors operating in 40 countries.
Johnathan Johnson, son of founder John, is the CEO, overlooking this half-billion-pound turnover business, which is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 33 per cent.
?We predict a similar level of growth will be confirmed for next year,” he says. Fircroft will continue to sustain not just our development but also our level of service to our clients and contractors.
Pre-tax profits are £14.2m, up from £5.1m four years ago.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.