The basicsCompany name: ActivTrades
What they do: Forex and trading services
The Boss: Alex Pusco
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 20,061
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 101
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 11,273
The detailsOnline trading platform ActivTrades allows investors to trade online in a range of markets: spread betting, forex, commodities and shares. The company has grown at an compound annual growth rate of 101 per cent over the last four years, driven by demand from emerging markets. Founder and CEO Alex Pusco explains: “We’re experiencing a tremendous increase in demand for our trading services from countries such as China, Russia, Brazil, India as well countries in South America and Eastern Europe. The Forex market has grown considerably, becoming our main strength.” The secret of fast growth, says Pusco, is customer service. “Undoubtedly, the attention that we pay to our customers has been the key to our success. Every new product that we bring to market is aimed squarely at improving our clients’ trading experience.” ActivTrades also offers a rewards programme which incentivises and rewards its clients’ loyalty, which Pusco says is unique in the market. Rewards range from Kindles and iPads up to 75” state-of-the-art TVs. “It’s our way of thanking customers for choosing us,” he says. ActivTrades posts profits of £11m-plus on a turnover of £20m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story