Company name: The ID Group
What they do: Healthcare and medical recruitment
Headquarters: West Byfleet
The Boss: Michael Sacoor
Latest turnover (£,000): 41,158
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 33
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,267
The ID Group is better known as ID Medical, a medical locum agency, supplying both temporary and permanent medical professionals to private and public sector clients throughout Britain.
Established in 2002 in West Byfleet, the company holds preferred supplier contracts with more than 80 per cent of UK hospitals, giving ID Medical a large pool of jobs for locum doctors and nurses. In 2012, ID Medical supplied over 1.3 million hours.
While CEO Michael Sacoor recognises that NHS cuts could affect the business – a clampdown on locum services is in place – ID Medical plans to apply its business model to other markets, for example focusing on growing its nurses division.
Turnover has grown from £17.5m to £41.2m in four years, with an Ebitda of £1.3m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story