Company name: D.H. Mansfield
What they do: Vehicle rescue and recovery services
The Boss: Darrell Mansfield
Latest turnover (?,000): 15,423
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 33
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 2,557
When your company car won’t start on a cold Monday morning, The Mansfield Group is on hand to get you up and running. The company specialises in providing vehicle rescue and recovery services to motoring organisations, insurance companies, large fleet operators and dealerships on a 24-hour basis.
From its origins in 1978 in the village of Biggin, Derbyshire, The Mansfield Group has grown into a £15.4m business, growing at a compound growth rate of 33 per cent over four years. Owners Darrell and Joanne Mansfield are still involved in the family-run business which employs 300 staff and operates a fleet of more than 200 specialist rescue and recovery units. Pre-tax profits are £2.6m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.