The basicsCompany name: Winvic Group
What they do: National building contractor
The Boss: David Ward
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 154,104
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 32
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 4,133
The detailsWinvic has built in excess of 15 million square ft of industrial space and 1.6 million square ft of commercial space since the group was formed in 2001. The company has worked on projects for blue-chip clients including Amazon, Cadbury’s, JD Sports, Brantano, Marks & Spencer and Royal Mail, building warehouses, offices and depots. The company has no borrowings and despite a tough environment for construction, continues to grow fast. In the last four years, sales have more than doubled from £66.5m to £154.1m, with pre-tax profits of £4.1m. Going forward, Winvic expects an increase in the number of projects it is contracted for, though these are likely to be of a lower value than historically.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story