The basicsCompany name: Control Circle
What they do: IT infrastructure and managed services
The Boss: Carmen Carey
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 20,911
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 32
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,007
The detailsFounded in 2001 by Damian Milkins and Simon Hancock, ControlCircle provides managed IT infrastructure and hosting services to enterprises including Betfair, KPMG, Rightmove and Monitise. Turnover has doubled in the last four years, from £9.1m to £20.9m, with a £1m pre-tax profit. Carmey Carey, the company’s CEO, says the secret to fast growth is to stay true to your business values. “For us, that means the customer experience, the service experience and how we deliver our business. Technology is an enabler for our business, but we rely on people and their skills and attitude to do the right thing for the customer.” ControlCircle’s focus is the mid-enterprise market – companies turning over between £30m and £1bn. Carey says that there is ample room for growth in managed IT. “The market is still very buoyant and there is plenty to play for. Around 70 per cent of IT services are still managed in-house so there is room for us to grow.” International growth is also on the cards. The company has a data centre in Amsterdam, two more in India and another in Singapore, allowing ControlCircle to deliver services for British companies expanding abroad.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story