Company name: Baas Construction
What they do: Building contractors
The Boss: Kevin O’Connell and Lindsey Leng
Latest turnover (£,000): 20,720
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 31
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 4,140
Baas Construction designs, builds, refurbs and maintains buildings around the north of England. Headquartered in Burnley, the company has undertaken work for a range of private and public-sector clients including Blackpool Coast Housing, Cheshire Peaks & Plains, Wigan & Leigh Housing and Southway Homes.
This family business is run by Kevin O’Connell, who has led the company’s push into public sector contracts and upgrading social housing to meet the Decent Homes Standard.
Turnover at Baas has doubled from £9.2m to £20.7m over the last four years, and Ebitda is a healthy £4.1m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story