Company name: Lighthouse Healthcare
What they do: Residential mental health services
The Boss: Julian Ball
Latest turnover (£,000): 24,356
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 31
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 7,844
Lighthouse Healthcare operates six hospitals and two care homes, providing expert mental health and learning disability care. The company was founded in 2007 by merging three already-established service providers – Healthlinc Individual Care, Acorn Care and Growing Old With Learning Disability.
Each of the company’s eight services operate independently under a registered manager, with back-office services supported by a central office in London. Lighthouse’s specialism is individuals with complex needs, including those with a learning disability, mental health problem or autistic spectrum condition, with services based around small group living and active engagement in the community.
It’s a model that works for the business, with pre-tax profits tripling to £7.8m in four years on a £24.4m turnover.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story