Any other business
Hot 100 2013 – 76: Boost Drinks
1 min read
06 June 2013
Energy drinks manufacturer Boost Drinks is number 76 in the Hot 100 2013
Company name: Boost Drinks
What they do: Energy drinks manufacturer
The Boss: Simon Gray
Latest turnover (£,000): 21,615
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 31
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,480
When your energy levels are running low, Simon Gray’s Boost Drinks is on hand to get you going again. Leeds-headquartered Boost Drinks, an energy drinks manufacturer, was founded in 2001 by Gray, who has built the brand into Britain’s second-largest energy drinks brand.
The company has developed around 20 different products across its Boost Energy, Boost Active and Boost Sport ranges, which it markets primarily through the cash-and-carry channel, servicing independent retailers. The Boost brand’s core proposition is to offer better value-for-money than the other established energy drinks makers (ie Redbull) – and with better margins – to appeal to petrol stations, newsagents and the like.
Today the company sells in excess of 20 million litres of drinks a year in nearly 20 countries, with turnover hitting £21.6m and and Ebitda of £1.5m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.