Company name: Exponential-e
What they do: Provider of IT networking services
The Boss: Lee Wade
Latest turnover (£,000): 33,234
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 30
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 5,134
More than 1,400 companies take cloud, IT and network services from Exponential-e, which has had another record year adding another £8m to turnover to a total of £33.2m. Lee Wade, Exponential-e’s boss, says his company is in the middle of a transition.
“Last year we launched our 2.0 proposition, moving the company from being a data networking provider for the last ten years to offering more cloud services over the next decade,” he explains. “Historically there has been a lack of take-up of cloud services by mid-sized corporations, but we’re seeing many companies now taking the big leap.”
Exponential-e’s “Applied Innovation” strapline lives on, with the company investing “substantially” in innovation. “Innovation drives our growth, and it isn’t that difficult to do when you’ve got an eye on chance and a vision for the future. Ideas are ten a penny, but executing them and changing the market is the trick.”
Exponential-e has a compound annual sales growth of 30 per cent and an Ebitda of £5.1m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story