The basicsCompany name: Investigo
What they do: Specialist recruitment for finance and logistics
The Boss: Gary Watson
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 42,430
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 30
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 2,029
The details“It started with a simple formula: hire the best people in the market,” says Simon Smith, the co-founder of specialist recruiter Investigo. Investigo is a specialist recruitment group focused on finance and logistics. The company finds key operational talent for blue-chip companies such as GE, M&S, BT, Homebase, Argos, Nike and others. Bootstrapped with just ?90,000 of start-up finance when the company was founded in 2003, the company now turns over £42.4m and pulls in pre-tax profits of £2m a year. The secret to success, says Smith, is people. If you hire the best people and put them in an environment where you’re able to motivate and inspire and reward them, you?ll get a successful organisation. A company like ours doesn’t have any raw materials other than the people who join us and we rely exclusively on their ability to build fantastic relationships and deliver a quality product, which is a person. In the past 12 months, Investigo has opened a Hong Kong office with a view to win marketshare in the region’s real estate and property recruitment markets. The Asian market has massive potential,” says Smith.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story