The basicsCompany name: Hills Prospect
What they do: Wines, beers and spirits wholesaler
The Boss: Alan Saunders, Phillip Merrit and Trevor Bowers
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 36,266
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 30
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,107
The detailsHills Prospect is the largest independent drinks distributor in the South East and Home Counties. The company’s portfolio coves draught and bottled beer, wine, spirits, minerals, gas and dry goods – in excess of 3,000 lines in total. The company was established in 1977 and has grown both organically and through mergers and acquisition. While the company acknowledges that the environment is tough – margins are tighter than ever and excise duty keeps increasing – Hills has managed to more than double sales from £16.4m to £36.3m in the last four years. Ebitda stands at £1.1m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story