Company name: Polar Group
What they do: International fur dealers
The Boss: Frank Zilberkweit
Latest turnover (?,000): 95,244
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 30
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 1,519
Polar Group is a fifth-generation family business that deals fur. Frank Zilberkweit, who heads the business, is vice chairman of the British Fur Trade Association and also runs renowned furrier Hockley, acquired by Polar Group in 1987.
Today the group sells fur to luxury department stores, including Harrods in London and Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City, and to boutiques around the world. Some 94 per cent of sales are international, primarily in the Far East, which accounts for 90 per cent of turnover. Global demand for fur is high, says Zilberkweit: ?Fur is going to be fashionable this year in such a way you cannot believe it.
Sales at Polar Group have doubled in four years, to ?95m, with an Ebitda of £1.5m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.