Company name: Freeworld Trading
What they do: Food supply and trading
The Boss: Dr Sanjoy Das
Latest turnover (?,000): 71,578
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 30
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 1,527
Established in 1991, Freeworld Trading started as commodity traders working with dried fruit, nuts and seeds.
Today, the business has a daughter company in China and partnerships in Turkey, South America and California, supplying not just food commodities but also specialist ingredients, logistic expertise and distribution. Spices, nuts, seeds, dried fruit… Freeworld sources products from all over the world and a quarter of the business’s sales are organic.
Turnover has trebled in four years to ?71.6m with an Ebitda of £1.5m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.