The basicsCompany name: Sertec
What they do: Manufacturing supplier to the automotive industry
The Boss: Graham Mosedale
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 85,578
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 30
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 8,366
The detailsSertec makes components for the car industry, specialising in pressed metal parts and toolmaking. From three manufacturing sites in Britain, a factory in Estonia and a tooling operation in China, Sertec employs 700 people. The company?s main customer is Jaguar Land Rover. Sertec benefitted ?enormously? from the recent introduction and ?runaway success? of the Land Rover Evoque, for which Sertec provided early design and prototyping, production tooling and support. As well as organic growth, the company has also grown through acquisition. Profits have hit ?8.4m in the last year, on a turnover of ?85.6m. Birmingham-based Sertec celebrated its 50th anniversary last year.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story