Company name: Cuddy Demolition & Dismantling
What they do: Specialist demolition contractor
The Boss: John and Mike Cuddy
Latest turnover (?,000): 36,780
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 3,136
In a sector that has suffered more than most during the prolonged downturn, Cuddy Demolition & Dismantling ? which trades under Cuddy Group stands out as a success. This Welsh business is a specialist contractor for demolition, asbestos, land remediation and civil engineering and in the last four years, the 400-employee company has doubled turnover to £36.8m and Ebitda has more than tripled to £3.1m.
?Up until 2007 we survived a lot on what was coming through the door. There was so much work that you didn?t have to go knocking on any doors,” explains MD Mike Cuddy. When things changed in 2008, that’s when we decided to go knocking on some doors and to get a client base. As a result, we ve built up relationships with certain clients over the last five years, with people we want to work for and who want to work with us.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.