The basicsCompany name: Buckingham Group Contracting
What they do: Civil engineering contractors
The Boss: Paul Wheeler
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 182,393
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 1,813
The detailsBuckingham Group Contracting has also fared well during the recession. This owner-managed, multi-disciplinary contractor has been working with public and private sector clients for more than 55 years. Specialisms include building and civil engineering, demolition, facilities management and land remediation. Based in Silverstone, with regional offices in Warrington and Bristol, the company?s projects include Stratford Parkway Station, Wakefield Westgate Station, Brighton & Hove Albion?s new stadium and more. The directors aim for a ?250m turnover by 2014/15 and are already well on track. Turnover stands at ?182.4m, up from ?84.1m just four years ago, and compound sales growth is 29 per cent.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story