The basicsCompany name: Colchester Global Investors
What they do: Fixed income investment manager
The Boss: Ian Sims
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 34,507
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 12,814
The detailsFounded by Ian Sims in 1999, Colchester Global Investors is a global fixed-income investment manager. The company offers portfolios investing in sovereign bonds, particularly higher-quality smaller country bonds. In total, it provides investment management services to clients for mandates of more than $75m. Before founding his firm, Sims had a successful career in the field of global fixed income and currency investment. He is also an expert on the use of real yields in global bond management. Turnover at Colchester has risen from £15.9m to £34.5m in four years, with pre-tax profits of £12.8m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story