The basicsCompany name: G. O?Brien & Sons
What they do: Demolition contractors, skip hire and recycling
Headquarters: East Boldon
The Boss: Gordon O?Brien
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 33,863
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 4,508
The detailsGordon O?Brien founded his eponymous business, G. O?Brien & Sons in 1973. The business is now a demolition contractor and waste management firm servicing private and public sector customers in the North East. The group is split into five divisions: demolition and dismantling, asbesos removal, land remediation, waste management and architectural salvage. The two largest divisions are the company?s demolition and waste management businesses, which have helped G O?Brien & Sons to add ?5m to turnover every year for the past four years, to a total of ?33.9m today.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story