The basicsCompany name: Amorartis
What they do: Speciality fine art publishing and distribution
The Boss: Helen Swaby
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 29,140
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 3,415
The detailsAmorartis is the only fine art business in this year’s Hot 100. Amorartis is the holding company for DeMontfort Fine Art and Whitewall Galleries. The former is a publisher and distributor of original paintings and collectable limited editions, supplying more than 3,000 galleries; while the latter is a chain of 34 galleries exhibiting and selling works by known and unknown artists. The company attracts high-profile clients including Bill Clinton, Jack Nicholson, Sting, Madonna and even members of the royal family. Head of the business is Helen Swaby, who started by selling paintings to her friends in her living room. Now her businesses have a combined turnover of £29.1m, delivering pre-tax profits of £3.4m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story