The basicsCompany name: Corpacq
What they do: Corporate investments and acquisitions
The Boss: Simon Orange
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 68,234
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 8,665
The detailsCorpacq is an investment business and acquisition vehicle set up by Simon Orange, the brother of Take That star Jason Orange. Backed by private investors and bank funding, the business was set up in 2006. Corpacq buys standalone owner-managed businesses, providing owners with an exit. It currently holds eight investments and is making ?8.7m in pre-tax profits on a total turnover of ?68.2m. The company?s current investment portfolio includes several glass-making businesses, a construction firm and a handful of fork lift truck businesses. ?Our targets are successful owner-managed firms or divisions of larger or public companies, with established management teams to whom we can offer support to grow their businesses. It is not our intention to come in and reorganise these firms ? they are already well-run by people with experience in their sectors,? says Orange.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story