* Dave Dodd spent years avoiding the press. Now, at last, the retail genius and co-founder of Poundland opens up about landlords, MBOs, suppliers and making the crossover from discount to luxury retail.
* Queen of Opticians Dame Mary Perkins and her daughter Julie talk milestones and mistakes.
* We put your questions to small business minister Mark Prisk.
* A boutique hotel in Leeds. American Express. Hilton Hotels. Pharmaceutical firm IDIS. Peter Knight gives four examples of outstanding service.
* 27 ways to improve your cash flow: Cash is the fuel that every company runs on. Here are tried-and-tested tactics for filling your tank.
* “Why run a business when we can all make a living from filling in forms and being inspected?” asks Ross Clark.
* Buy Candy: Real Business readers show off their most exclusive products. And yes, that includes Ukrika Johnson’s bed.
* Peter Knight on how the high street is fighting back.
Share this story