? Whilst these results are not surprising given the result of the Brexit vote and the anti-migrant rhetoric that we ve seen since the Referendum, when you look beyond the decrease in UK migration, the devastating economic impact of this decline is clear to see. UK migration did you know:
- Fact:”Two-thirds of migrants coming to work in the UK already have a job offer when they arrive.
- Fact:”Migrant workers pay more in taxes than they take out in state benefits. That contribution, valued at £2bn a year, is helping to fuel Britain’s economic growth.
- Fact:”More than 50 per cent of migrants are already graduates when they arrive in the UK.
- Fact:”If every migrant withdrew their labour for a day, it would cost the UK £328m four per cent of the country’s GDP.
- Fact: £16 per cent of the UK workforce was born overseas.
Share this story