Rob Wilmot, a co-founder of Freeserve and now founder of bcsAgency, gives his predictions for the year ahead:
1. I’ll remember 2011 for… being a year of global economic uncertainty and austerity. We’ve spent the year helping clients through this by trimming costs without cutting quality of service. It’s been hard. But the experience has made us stronger, more agile and ready to take 2012 head-on.
2. 2012 will be great because… I think the economy is going into recovery, and there’s excitement in the dotcom space again with impending IPOs next year. I think it’s the tech stocks which will help drive optimism in the capital markets and this will stimulate market growth.
3. One sector we’ll hear a lot from next year will be… mobile and mobile commerce. With half of the population of the US now owning a smart phone, I believe that we will see Gartner’s prediction that by 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common web access device worldwide come true.
4. The one thing that would help me grow my business in 2012 would be… consumer confidence. For certain, potential customers are holding back on spending until they feel more confident in the economy. I think everyone could do with a period of economic stability and growth.
5. My New Year’s resolution for 2012 is… to say “no” more. There’s always another speaking opportunity or venture to invest in. Next year, I’ll be rationing my time more effectively. Well that’s the theory anyway.
Real Business will be running the “My 2012” series for the next month, bringing you top entrepreneurs’ views and predictions of the year ahead.
Share this story