* The Big Society should be good news for entrepreneurs across the UK, reducing bureaucracy and allowing them to implement projects that would otherwise have been stifled (or taken over) by government. Will David Cameron’s pet project live up to expectations – or is it just a cover for public-spending cuts? We ask entrepreneurs whether the Big Society really means big opportunities.
* As one of the UK’s most heavily backed technology firms, Plastic Logic has gone all the way from research in a lab, to manufacturing a product, to building a global sales and marketing team – without sacrificing its independence. What will it take for this British technology giant reach its full potential – and what are the implications if it fails? Real Business investigates.
* From negotiating your lease and cutting VAT out of your rent to digitising documents and outsourcing your receptionist, we bring you 27 tried-and-tested ways to cut your office bills.
* Our analysis of the apps markets – and whether your business should be taking the plunge.
* Ross Clark on why elected councillors are bleeding this country dry.
* John Timpson has been working for more than 50 years. His last career change was 23 years ago. His son has been running the family business for the past eight years. Here’s how he’s coping with a crisis of confidence.
* Margaret Heffernan on why niche markets rule.
Share this story