How to get your money back

What do you do if you are owed money by a business and they will not pay you back? The usual route is to apply to Court and if the claim is less than £10,000 you can use the small claims Court. This has the advantage of being cheaper to pursue especially if the debt is disputed and there is a risk you may lose in Court. Claims above £10,000 usually require a solicitor on both sides and there is a risk that if you lose you may end up paying the winners costs as well as your own.