- Lord Sugar sets The Apprentice teams the task of producing a “freemium” magazine. The teams must create their own free magazines and pitch the finished products.
- Parts of the episode were filmed at the Shortlist Media HQ in Holborn (home to Shortlist and Stylist magazines).
- The Apprentice teams must choose a popular subject – they’ve got to sell ad-space and produce top-notch content.
- Team Logic opt for a low-brand lads’ mag (think naked women)
- Team Venture target the over-60s market (think zimmerframes)
- The Apprentice‘s Team Venture comes up with some quality suggestions for what to call the over-60s mag including Coffin Dodger, Pension Mention, The Old Boot, Golden Oldie, Young Hearted and, the best one of all, Old Looking, Young Hearted. Cringe! Cue raised eyebrows from 67-year old Nick!
- Stylist‘s art editor Clare Ferguson designs the pages for the over-60s mag under the strict instruction of the team.
- There will be a racy lads-mag photoshoot.
- One team will completely forget what it is selling. And both The Apprentice teams will fail to negotiate until it is almost too late!
- There will be some hard-core bickering among the loosing team in an attempt to play the blame game and avoid the boot.
All in all, it looks like it’s going to be a cracking episode. Tune in tonight at 9pm on BBC1 and check out our review tomorrow.
Share this story