1. The Apprentice’s Susan Ma – a hot pick to be in the final – was born in China and moved to Australia aged seven, before finally settling in England at 12 years old.
2. It’s no wonder Susan Ma is a potential Apprentice winner – she’s a smart cookie, having achieved 10 GCSE A*s and 3 A-Levels.
3. Susan Ma is a globetrotter. The Apprentice star loves traveling and is “fascinated by different cultures, food and architecture”, among other things. She is also an extreme sport fan, and did her first bungee jump and sky dive (from 14,000 ft) aged just 13 – “I just love the buzz you get from free-falling”.
4. Susan Ma has her own website, her Facebook Fan Page has 2,076 “Likes” and her Twitter account has 414 followers – although she won’t be tweeting until The Apprentice has finished, so it’s not overly interesting at the moment!
5. Susan Ma launched Tropic Pure Plant Skin Care in 2007, a luxury range of skin care products that are 100 per cent of natural origin, 100 per cent vegan and 100 per cent cruelty-free (her words!). “I started this company with very little funding and traded at markets, shows, online and exhibitions while juggling my A-Levels, University Degree and Investment bank Internship at the same time,” Susan Ma explains. There are now an estimated 20,000 Tropic users worldwide with floods of positive reviews to back the brand.
6. With a passion for economics, The Apprentice’s Susan Ma interned in Sales & Trading at the investment bank Citigroup. “I had some of the best weeks of my life and worked with an incredible mix of inspirational people.”
7. The Apprentice’s Susan Ma attended University College London where she studied Philosophy & Economics, graduating with a 2:1 in 2010. Susan self-funded herself through University thanks to her skin care business.
Share this story