- What is your strategy to get to the centre of the market and acquire market share?
- What experience do you and your management team have in the market? Are your track records good?
- Is your business properly constituted, effectively structured and ready to take external investment?
- Does your business have robust operational and administrative processes?
- Does your business have strong financial management?
- Does the past performance of your business, if any, give credence to your future plans and projections?
- Does your product or service have longevity and is your supply chain secure?
- Are your pricing and margins at satisfactory and sustainable levels?
- What?s in it for those who buy your product or service? What particular benefits define your offering?
- Which particular pain are you relieving and for whom?
- Why are you better than your competitors?
- What factors give you your competitive advantage?
- Who are your customers? Are you B2B or B2C, or both?
- What is the profile of your perfect customer?
- Are you serving a niche market or a broader market? If niche, will there be sufficient demand?
- Is the market growing, declining or static? What are the recent and forecasted trends for the market?
- Where do customers go to buy products or services like yours?
- What do customers feel about existing offerings (yours and your competitors)?
- What is the level of demand for your offering and what is the potential for this to increase in the future?
- What is your unique selling proposition (USP)?
- What share of the market are you targeting? Why is it achievable?
- How accessible are your customers and how do/can you reach them?
- How often do they buy goods and services such as yours?
- Why do they buy?
- Who is succeeding in your market and why?
- What do they offer? And, more importantly, what don?t they offer? Seek out underserved segments and gaps in the market that you might fill.
- Are any of your competitors obviously overcharging or under-delivering?
- What about levels of quality and service?
- How do your competitors communicate with your target market?
- Who are your competitors? biggest customers and partners? Can you break in?
- Who supplies them and distributes for them?
- How will you beat them and grow your market share?
Share this story