A group of world-class UK independent businesses will share their lessons on how to crack international markets, and how they combine speed and customer responsiveness in a digital era.
As Britain urgently seeks to rebalance its economy around exports, the Entrepreneurs’ Summit export challenge panel will feature.
- Dr Graham Hine, CEO, SGX Sensortech the UK business leading the world in sensor technology
- Margaret Manning, CEO, Reading Room leading digital entrepreneur who’s growing her business in Asia via a Singapore base
- David Milner, CEO, Tyrrells Crisps the authentic UK crisp brand that’s now showcasing UK food excellence on an international stage
- Dermott Rowan, managing director & co-owner, Kiely Rowan demonstrating the UK’s superb heritage in the creative industries, Dermott will share the story of building the Orla Kiely fashion brand.
Chaired by Stuart Rock, these four international success stories will discuss:
- Selling into a sickly Europe;
- Currency management; and
- Emerging market opportunities.
Simultaneously, delegates will be able to hear from four examples of UK service excellence, communicating their experiences in delivering customer satisfaction in an era of social media.
Chaired by Serious Brands founder Alex Pratt, this panel session will explore:
- Customer satisfaction techniques for 2012 and beyond;
- Identifying new customers;
- Retaining existing customers;
- Accessing the grey pound and youth audiences, and tailoring your marketing techniques accordingly; and
- How and when to raise your prices
On the panel are:
- Surinder Arora, founder & CEO, Arora International the world-class hotel business with its landmark hotel at Terminal 5
- William Butler-Adams, MD, Brompton Bicycle UK engineering at its finest
- Wayne Lysaght-Mason, managing director, IronmongeryDirect a superb bricks-to-clicks story
- Tim Perry, founder & CEO, Spring Law the next-generation legal business that’s focused on the entrepreneurial community.
The 2012 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, supported by the CBI, Land Rover, Enterprise with Plymouth University and Spring Law, takes place on June 13 at the London InterContinental, Park Lane. This will be the most high-density gathering of high-growth businesses in the UK this year.