(1) Hugo TaylorTaylor created Taylor Morris Eyewear in 2013 with childhood friend Charlie Morris. Its range of mens and womens sunglasses combine British sartorial elegance and timeless Hollywood glamour drawing inspiration from cultural and fashion icons such as James Dean and Audrey Hepburn . The designers try to rework and modernise the old styles. It has been a wonderful and challenging process. Its one thing conceiving an idea or design in your head but totally different to develop the idea into a tangible, beautiful and well-crafted product,” said Taylor. We have worked tirelessly to ensure every element of Taylor Morris meets our own high standards.” Read more about reality TV entrepreneurs:
- The problem with business reality TV shows
- Dragons’ Den: The anti-entrepreneur TV show
- Does Kim Kardashian deserve to be crowned Entrepreneur of the Year
(2) Amber AthertonHer My Flash Trash company was founded as a blog by the then 16 year-old Atherton. Now the charm jewellery brand which creates playful and bold accessories to bring out your sassy side and empower girls to run the world claims to have celebrity fans such as the Duchess of Cambridge and Rihanna. The jewellery is designed in London and made in South Korea, which Atherton describes as an inspiring place. It is where women are just as likely as men to run their own company and where all the product is made by an amazing group of young women.
(3) Jamie LangThe founder of Candy Kittens, Lang is a descendant of the McVitie biscuit clan and set up the sweets group in 2012. The products, including Sour Blueberry and Eton Mess, are now sold in stores such as Sainsburys and Selfridges as well as in the US. Marketing is big for Lang, including “The Candy Cruise” a 12 cities in three weeks car trip promoting the brand. It has also diversified into clothing and cookbooks.
(4) Riley UgglaMade by Riley t-shirts includes slogans such as Tyranny has a witness and a percentage of each sale goes back to its partnered charities such as Human Rights Watch. Uggla said: We are combining our love of fashion and a desire to give back to others that do not have the same privileges and freedoms that we have been fortunate to have.
Share this story