On a Monday morning it is easy to think that “there must be more to my existence than this”, as you nurse a fourth coffee of the day and hug your favourite pastry.Well, according to recruiter CV-Library, there might well be something more interesting and slightly more odd out there. It asked its consultants to share their most interesting job roles that they have recruited for in the last year. So for those with an interest in sport, bananas, empty rooms and dead animals here are some of the UK?s most bizarre jobs:
(1) Cricket mascot ? Warrington: ?7.00/hourSeeking an outgoing and self-motivated individual to become Lizzie the Lizard, the mascot for a local cricket team. You must be physically fit as you will be required to wear a substantial lizard suit and stand for lengthy periods of time. Fly catching skills not necessary.
(2) Strolling elf ? Watford: ?6.50/hourFancy living in winter wonderland? Seeking a joyous individual to roam grottos far and near, you’ll invite children to see Santa Claus and be spreading Christmas cheer.
(3) Empty office-sitter ? London: ?8.00/hourWant to work in an office where you have all the freedom? Looking for a responsible and dedicated person to look after empty office building. Tea and coffee will be provided.
(4) Trainee banana ripener ? Kent: ?20000/annumLooking for an individual with an interest in fruit. You will be working in the ripening rooms to ensure the bananas are of the appropriate quality to meet customer expectations.
(5) Roadkill Cleaner ? Farnham: ?7.00/animalStreet cleansing operative required. Must have a positive attitude to a physically demanding role. Must be flexible to work in all weather conditions.
(6) Disney site manager ? Anaheim, CA: ?75000/annumLooking for an experienced individual to run Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park. You must be passionate and dedicated to work in an innovative environment with the aim to create magical experiences and personal stories for all.
(7) Bull head catcher ? York: ?230/weekRequire an individual to support slaughtermen. Must be physically fit to assist with moving heavy loads and have a strong stomach. Experience preferable.
Share this story