Why? Because internal and external issues and events will constantly change the landscape in which the organisation operates in.Direction and influence have always been important elements of effective leadership, but ‘navigating the landscape’ has become the new core requirement of the 21st century leader. To support this need, meet the challenges ahead and deliver success, a more flexible, adaptable leadership approach is needed to keep everyone connected with the organisation on track – a performance framework which adapts to changing conditions on the journey. ‘The Winning Formula’, which consists of six distinct elements, is an inspirational and powerful performance framework which enables everyone connected with the organisation to overcome the challenges likely to be faced on the journey and deliver growth and success for the business.
1. ResearchResearch focuses on the size of the opportunity for everyone connected with the business and covers four significant challenges:
- Retention of people currently employed;
- Attraction and recruitment of new talent;
- Support of suppliers, partners and other stakeholders; and
- Clarity regarding the future direction of the organisation.
2. StrategyStrategy focuses on the production of the route map needed to chart the right course on the journey and covers four important challenges:
- General understanding by others of the business plan;
- Alignment of the plan to each employee’s job role;
- Agreement of each employee’s goals and targets; and
- Day-to-day management of their performance.
3. EngagementEngagement focuses on the buy-in and commitment to the plan and route map on the journey and covers four key challenges:
- Level of leadership visibility and capability;
- Quality of the workplace experience;
- Effectiveness of the communication grapevine; and
- Need for momentum on the journey.
Share this story