As everyone knows, along with the office Christmas party, Secret Santa is a great way to bring the office together.
Colleagues are usually randomly assigned a person to whom they must anonymously give a gift. However, it can be difficult to find a gift that a colleague will truly value, especially when there is a price limit involved and you don’t know the person that well. We’ve all struggled with it.
“It is often hard to decide on a gift to buy a colleague at Christmas, especially as it is supposed to be a personal gesture,” explains Andrew Johnson, director-general of the UK Gift Card & Voucher Association.
“Sometimes, you have to buy a gift for someone you know very well, or even your boss. For this reason we’ve selected a handful of novelty gifting options that can appeal to a variety of personalities within a company, making sure everyone will receive a gift that they’ll enjoy.”
To take the worry out of gift giving this Christmas, the UK Gift Card & Voucher Association has selected its top ten suggested secret Santa presents to give to colleagues.
Top 10 office Secret Santa gifts:
- Channel their inner Mary Berry with a new set of cake accessories
- A stylish phone case is the perfect protection for your tech-savvy friend’s new smartphone
- A good book
- A gift card or voucher
- A selection of British craft beer or their favourite bottle of wine
- A luxury mini-hamper
- Keep the chills away with a wooly hat and scarf
- A pair of novelty socks is the classic Christmas gift
- Help them relax with a home spa set
- Several different fine quality cheeses from around the UK
Share this story