Hailo, the app that is redefining the taxi industry. Here’s how they describe their service: “Use Hailo to hail a taxi with just two taps. No more arm flailing, trying your luck with cab roulette. Automatically pay with your credit or debit card. No hidden fees, and we accept cash, too. Hailo works with licensed and trustworthy taxi drivers, and approves each driver individually.” We love Hailo because they solve a problem (well, a few actually) and just make life easier. We liked the fact that Hailo were one of the only businesses to survive reputation intact from this BBC report.
- Wattics – Perfectly positioned in a time of rising energy costs, Wattics helps any type of businesses save money by reducing their energy costs using simple software;
- KeyMe – Unfortunately theyre only operating in New York but we can’t wait for them to expand as were all likely to be locked out at some inopportune time;
- Popsnap – A fun, helpful app which lets you order high quality photo prints direct from your iPhone for delivery anywhere in the world;
- Uber – Could this be the new Hailo for local transport
- Coursera We love what theyre doing they partner with top universities around the world to offer courses online for anyone to take for free; and
- Udemy They curate some very cool short courses, particularly in the tech arena.
Share this story