1. Staff Leave – Find an open and fair way of deciding who will provide cover over the holiday period if you need it.
2. Keeping staff motivated – Give staff clear targets of what you expect them to achieve, or they may start celebrating early.
3. Managing cash flow –Identify and chase important invoices. Accounts departments may go on leave earlier than you expect.
4. Security – For many businesses this is the longest period when no one is on the premises, and burglars know that. Review your security and ensure that all computer files are backed up off site.
5. Customers and suppliers on holiday – Be prepared for contacts to disappear from the middle of December.