workplace happiness and work-life balance is increasingly important for staff, and 51 per cent of SMEs that embrace gifting say they hope employee rewards will motivate workers. Elsewhere, a third say that employee rewards have increased staff retention levels, ticking the box for job satisfaction. Jose Carvalho, SVP at American Express, said: ?SMEs are reaping the benefits of actively showing employees appreciation for their hard work. A simple thank you goes a long way and will not only make employees feel good, but will benefit a business in the process. [rb_inline_related] How employee rewards are being issued:
- 38 per cent of SMEs provide high achievers with rewards, such as employee of the month
- 23 per cent of SMEs offer employee rewards to all staff
- 21 per cent of SMEs have a focus on company benefits for longstanding team members, rewarding loyalty
- Rewards are an asset that can encourage new talent.
- When issuing rewards, be sure to make it a sincere personal recognition to the team member with choice words.
- Choose the right opportunity to provide the employee rewards.
- Using a business credit card can earn rewards from company spending.
- Listen to employees to gain input on what’s being overlooked to ensure you understand their needs.
Share this story